Last Monday I had my OB appointment. All went well, we did had to move the due date to August 15th, one more day to meet our little sweetheart. In all honestly, I wish I could keep her in her quarters until about November...on second thought, come early August, I will be doing everything in my power to get her out! We are very excited to meet our baby girl, just a little overwhelmed right now.
Stats:
My BP: 100/58
I think my doc was a little surprised at how well my body is adapting to stress. She has been very supportive and concerned about John's situation and I have been a little on edge about something about this pregnancy complicating our already complicated life. So far, so good!
My weight gain: -1 lb (I FREAKING LOST 1 LB)
and I am telling you, I ate horribly...I had to weigh in right after the girls Sex and the City weekend...maybe this is key, the worse I eat, the less weight I gain. I am embarrased to admit, I even had a cheeseburger from McDonalds...it was a weak moment, my first in maybe 10 years. So its official, I am back on the Ben & Jerry's.
Baby's HR: 150s
Baby Measurment: 30 weeks
I have another appointment this week so that she won't need to see me the week of John's surgery. I will try and get that update in before the weekend too!
Other Sweet Tater news:
We have decided to move John into the guest room since it is bigger and have Rory Cate use the same nursery. While we are at the hospital next week we have a painter coming in to get John's new room, our bedroom and the hallway painted. Over July we will get John's new room set up and start transitioning him. Luckily, Rory Cate will be with us in our room for a while so we aren't in a rush to make the transition. We had thought we would get John an inexpensive crib, and a twin bed and keep the same nursery furniture. Well, Craig's list is so much fun and I found the cutest red Jenny Lind crib for Rory Cate. So John will keep his furniture which converts to a toddler bed, while the baby's room gets a new set up. We are not painting in there though...poor baby girl gets blue wall! But we have found the most precious bedding that ties everything all together. Can't wait to get that all set up.
John news:
A sign that my baby is growing up. In no attempt to actually potty train, more of a plan to make the potty a daily routine, we have been putting John on the potty every day before he gets in the tub. It is a pretty fun place where we sing songs and make faces at each other. Well, lo and behold, about a week in, he pooped in the potty! Mommy did the silliest potty dance and John was very excited, but it has only happened once and I am certain it was a bit of an accident, but heck, one less hiney wipe was a beautiful thing! No pee on the potty just yet, but at least we enjoy the potty, it will eventually be up to me to determine when he needs to go to get that timing right. Maybe around 2 years we will really start trying. John loves to flush the potty and if Mommy is using the facilities, John tries to push me off to wave bye-bye...I know too much information, but it is evidence that John is getting the concept.
No comments:
Post a Comment