Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Day

Here are some pics from today. We had a great one, except for the whole nap situation. Having Jack the painter in the house is really messing us up. The noise is not conducive to John taking naps, Tate and I are sleeping on the couches since our bed is disassembled in the living room, we are trying to keep the house constantly aired out so that John and I can hang out here, and I am pretty sure our electric bill is going to be about $700 for it. I WANT MY HOUSE BACK!!!

Eating strawberries.




Playing on the porch in the miserable heat. Oh and one of my weekend resolutions is to replant those planters...embarrassing.





Helping mom water her withering azaleas.




I have to note here also that John did a weird thing tonight. He went to bed around 7:30. When Tate got home around 8:15 he went back to our bedroom to change clothes. I glanced at the video monitor and noticed that John was sitting up in his crib. I was waiting for the cries for us to come and get him, but it never happened. He just sat there, and sat there, and sat there. Tate came back and I showed him what John was doing. I decided to go in and make sure he was ok, and help him lay back down. I think he was sleep sitting. Tate was watching on the monitor and said his head turned toward me as I walked in the room, but his eyes weren't open (at least not open open, maybe a little cracked). Anyway, I just laid him down and he was fine...right off to sleep. I used to be a sleep walker, but haven't done it in years. Wonder if this is in John's future...this will FREAK Tate out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sleep sitting! That would totally freak me out too. John is starting to look like his normal self again :) His eyes look so different now...He is just doing so amazingly well! Yeah for John :)

BrandyLee said...

He looks so much better and, I agree, different somehow. It's just so great to see him outside and playing...even in the yuck-o heat! SO sorry you're having to suffer through contractor stuff right now!

Amy said...

It is amazing to me that just a little over a week ago he went through major surgery. He looks like he is doing so much better. I am sure he is just thrilled to be able to see again. I am SO glad that things are returning to normal, April. Yay for John!! Now, we need a Rory Cate update!! ;-)