Monday, May 14, 2007

My First Mother's Day

We had a great Mother's Day weekend, even though little John tried his best to foil all plans! :)

On Saturday, Tate and John spent the day together so that I could meet the girls for brunch and run some errands. I think their morning went really well, but John refused to nap so things got ugly fast. Poor Tate tried so hard to keep my "schedule" that I think he went a bit insane when the little man did not cooperate. So I took over and Tate went to Coach Carey's retirement party while I got the boy down for the night.

On Sunday, we were going to church and then my boys planned a picnic for me at White Rock. Mr. John decided a schedule was not in his plans for the day and felt that church didn't work for him. We tried in vain to get him to nap in the morning, but all we could get was three 15 minute naps. I just knew if we kept trying it would work...ha! At 12:30 we decided we would head to the lake and maybe he would nap there. In the end he only napped about 10 minutes, but we had a really good time. We came home at 3 and tried the nap again...10 minutes. Crazy kid! Luckily he isn't too rotten when he hasn't napped well...he usually just fusses when we try to make him sleep. Guess he has a stubborn streak.

So its Monday morning and we are back in the saddle again. I just hope he learns to nap before Friday and our big flight! If not we are going to have to find some drugs....for me, not the baby!

Here are some pics from Sunday:










Here is a pic of my neglected babies...they got their summer cuts on Saturday and look so pretty!
Thank you to my two favorite boys for a great weekend. I love you both so very much and look forward to every adventure that comes our way!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a fabulous wknd.! Your pictures made me tear up:)

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are the best... I love them all. April, your love for both your boys is so evidentin your expressions. Tate, that picture of you and John from the back is an award winner.
What wonderful memories for your first Mother's day!

BrandyLee said...

What a wonderful 1st Mother's Day! The boy is getting SO big...I can't believe it!

Marissa Montgomery said...

I definitely agree with Papa. The picture of Daddy and John is precious. And I LOVE seeing the family shots. Keep including you and Tate in your posts! You're such a gorgeous mommy. Your relaxed, beautiful demeanor defies the lack of sleep we're hearing about!