Speaking of the hunger, he has been all over the place with his eating schedule...the last couple of days he has been hungry every 2 hours! At this rate, John will be nursing every 15 minutes by the time he is 6 months old. ;) I THOUGHT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO GET EASIER. That is what everyone says...at 1 month, they say, hang in there, at 3 months things will be so much easier. Ok, so I thought the first month was pretty great, so I was thinking, I would be laid out in front of the tv most of the day, while John was vacuuming and taking out the trash. So month 2 was actually kinda interesting because he went from that fabulous period of me waking him to eat and giving me at least one 6 hour stretch at night and another 4, to wanting to eat every 4 hours on the dot. So then between month 3 and month 4 it was every 3 hours. And today it seems the kid is starving if it isn't every 2 hours. So since this seems to be a new habit, well maybe it has only been going on for 2.5 days, I called the pediatrician and lied saying this had been going on for 5 days (I mean, it could go on for 5 days and I need to be prepared ;), and the nursing consultant suspects he is just going thru a growth spurt and needs more from me than I am offering. She said hang in there for 10 days while my supply increases based on his demands...I am not sure she realizes how long 10 days is this little world of mine. Of course she thinks I only have 5 days to go!! If 10 days doesn't do it for the boy we are breaking into the rice cereal!
Of course everything changes every day so I don't know why I am stressing. I have had people comment "Don't let that become a habit"...don't you worry, this kid won't hear of it! Instead of trying to find the person that seems to understand my child, I have decided instead to write a book on caring for your baby. It will only require one chapter...so I guess it isn't a book...I will write a memo on caring for your baby. And the subject will be: "Your baby will do his own thing, despite what you want him to do, or what you expect him to do!"
And before anyone starts to think I am incredibly pitiful. The kid had a monumental nap day. 2 hours this morning. 1.5 hours midday and he has now been down for 35 minutes (at 3:45). Tonight we will test the theory, "if your baby naps well during the day, he will sleep well during the night". I am not even going to try and guess how it will all go. My plan is to breathe deeply and enjoy my son!
On another note, we went and picked out a new toy for the boy...
4 comments:
blake used to spend hours in that jumpy thing! good luck on the sleeping...i am going to email you my suggestion :)
Girl, you crack me up!! I am hoping for a great night's sleep - GO John!!
And, LOVE the Tigger jumper - I haven't seen that one before but I do think John will be quite the jumper. I love his big grin in the first one. What a cutie pie!!
Hey April - This is Amy's friend, Jennifer (AKA Alex's mom)! John is adorable! I think he is definitely going through a growth spurt. Hang in there!!! Alex was the same way - I never could predict his night-time behavior. Even now...even after months of sleeping great...he'll have 3 bad nights in a row out of the blue.
Your blog is hilarious! I love reading it!
What a fun bouncer! Maybe he'll bounce himself into a sleepy oblivion and pull a sleep-through-the-night on you soon!
Post a Comment