We had a day...that is pretty much the best way I can sum it up. Our dear Beth came to help this morning, offering one on one defense. Nanny headed home today, but was a huge help with RoryCate, thanks for helping with the little lady, mom. John woke a bit in a funk, despite the fact that the kid slept fantastically with Tate and me, waking a few times to take care of business. Eight am is pretty much a record around these parts. I seriously think his sleep apnea has improved after this vault.
So John was clingy and sad this morning, slow to warm up to Ms. Beth. He was quiet and requested a nap just a few hours after waking. But once RoryCate and I headed out for a lunch date with Tiffany and Brooklyn, he finally acknowledged that Ms. Beth is a pretty awesome friend to have. By 4pm he was having a great time with her and his sister.
Late this afternoon we received a surprise visit from a few of John's best buds and it was just the therapy John needed. Josh, Luke and Nate delivered this special sign for John's bedroom. It is fantastic and with the beautiful card from John's Sunday school class, his room is perfect. This little boy is so lucky, as are his parents, to have so many people in his corner.
I do believe the worst is over...thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers, for the meals, the cards, the emails, the messages. Our blessings are too many to number.
2 comments:
I love that last one with his little eye ball peeking out... I know that his ability to see now is probably the BEST thing in the world for him... the child life specialist in me is so happy that he has that back!
So glad that you guys are home together!
Love the macho in front of the Sunday school card! I'm so happy he's doing so well.
Post a Comment