Wednesday, February 18, 2009

RoryCate is 6 Months Old

I am having a hard time coming to terms with how quickly this is all passing. My sweet tiny baby is growing up so fast. RoryCate is half a year old!!!

We had her 6 month well visit today, and as hard as I worked to get her an appointment on a "school" day, John was sicky-poo and joined us anyway. I am glad though, we were able to check him out and unfortunately the boy has a double ear infection and likely a sinus infection. I am here to say that we have only had 2 well weeks since Thanksgiving and spring can't get here soon enough. The ear infection he had in the beginning of December just about killed me as it took 3 rounds of antibiotics to decimate. Of course, we visited the ENT last Tuesday for our biannual appointment, at which, he proclaimed, "John's ears look great"...I could curse him for uttering those words. Nonetheless, we are on yet another round of antibiotics (this time a 5 day z-pac course, holy moly, why have we not been offered this yet?).

The saddest thing to me is that dinner with Ricky, Taryn and Aiden didn't happen. We have been so looking forward to dinner with this wonderful family, but it wasn't possible as we have no way to know if John is contagious, or if the rest of us have the germies too...and with Aiden's big surgery tomorrow, we have to err on the side of caution. But I did get to see the little man on Tuesday for a brief moment, and let me tell you, his eyes are the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. Please pray for the Skees family tomorrow that Aiden's new fingers and toes are delivered with no issues, and that Taryn and Ricky find much peace and comfort through the process. I am hoping things work out to where I can go see them tomorrow evening!

And so about our little RoryCate. She is perfect! We had a great appointment and only a tiny fuss when she got her shots. John was very worried, "Roro sad?" Ah, he can melt my heart. Anyway, she recovered quickly and we got the go ahead for food! We tried squash and cereal tonight, not such a fan, but we are looking forward to adding something new every few days. I jumped the gun with John, but with our girl, I didn't want a single additional dish to wash so we waited to 6 months. This is really fun now though, just thinking about introducing her to new things is exciting!

Here are her stats:

weight: 16 lbs 3 oz (55th percentile)
height: 26.5 in (75th percentile)
head: 42 cm (40th percentile)

We see Dr. D in 3 months


No comments: