I will likely look back and say with a laugh "remember that week". But right now, no one is laughing. Sleep has been an elusive event for this family in the past, but this takes the cake. The transition of RoryCate to her bed from our bed is going relatively well, but the transition of John from crib to toddler bed is not, and you mix the two in the same week (John you have impeccible timing), momma needs a padded room. We are three nights into RoryCate and I am hopeful we will have it in the next few nights...we are two nights into John and I am hopeful that by next year he will stop screaming. I have found myself shshhhing the 2 year old and reasoning with the 6 month old and often just go from one room to the other without so much as a stop in my room for hours at a time.
I forced myself to have the 6 month goal with RoryCate. I LOVE HAVING THAT BABY IN MY BED, and I am crediting myself with incredible strength to not just slip her in beside me in those wee hours. So I had the plan of doing this transition to crib as soon as we returned from our vacation. Well, allergies were kickin' in NM and I developed bronchitis, so I waited until I was 3 days into my zpac before jumping in. So then on Tuesday John protested his afternoon nap with such ferocity, I was pulling out my hair, and then watched on the video monitor as he climbed out of the crib while wigging out. After the holidays John had started napping poorly again, and now with this move the nighttime sleep is eluding us as well.
Calgon, take me away!

3 comments:
I am so sorry! I wish I had some advice to share...I have time. If you want to take a nap I would be happy to come watch the little ones any time.
I have so been there! I moved Cate out of our bed at 6 months, too. It didn't go all that well. She slept in her swing for another month, and then finally we put her in her crib one night, and slept all night! It was a miracle.
Have you tried bribing John? That's how we got Alex to stay in his bed, I think. :-)
April, I am SO sorry you've gotta go through transitioning both at the same time. If you want me to come and do night duty at your house one night, I'm totally up for it.
Post a Comment