Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A few more...

While at the grocery store last week, I accidently knocked a jar of salsa off the shelf with my diaper bag and made a ginormous mess. I kind of yelped and John started in on his "uh-ohs" until a Central Market employee came to help. The man was so nice and assured me it happened all the time and I didn't need to worry about paying for it. While I am talking with this nice man, John starts the following theatrical explanation of what happened to all the passerbys looking on:

"Mommy broke...sasa...big hiney...mommy big hiney"

Even after we leave the scene to finish up our shopping, John tells everyone he sees "mommy big hiney broke". Love that boy!



And then a couple days ago, John and RoryCate had their very first real conversation.

RoryCate: BABA...AIGHH...BLU...AGAA...DADADADADADADA
John: No Roro, Daddy Work

5 comments:

Little McShahan said...

Too funny. I feel your pain on the 2-year-old comments on the size of the bottom. Luke's shared his opinions on mine.

Amy said...

Hee-hee!! Thanks for a laugh first thing this morning, girl. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard right now. Too darn funny! Don't you just love what they come up with? Too cute!

BrandyLee said...

Oh yeah, toddlers spare not their mothers from verbal abuse, do they? That's a totally cute story!

Melissa D said...

That's funny (and cute) depending on who you are in the situation! The other day, Kate kept repeating, "mama, moooo" over and over and I started to get offended!