Monday, August 04, 2008

The squirrels are miserable too!

I just took some letters out to the mailbox and came across 3 squirrels who seem to be suffering from heat exhaustion. They were on our oak tree in the front yard, spread eagle, one on the exposed root, and two on lower branches. They didn't even flinch as I approached. Just sat there panting, did you know squirrels pant? Thank Heaven I have air conditioning. But even then this sucks. Our AC tried to go out on us, but we are holding out hope we can make it through this summer without that expense. I will attest to those theories that being pregnant in the summer is harder than the winter. It was 107 yesterday. If I go outside for even 5 minutes I am wiped. Again, I am grateful for air conditioning, even if it can only seem to lower the temperature to the mid-80s. It is funny to me how that is usually what I prefer. But I would be perfectly content these days to sit in a blizzard in flipflops.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. And yes we are all doing great. No baby girl just yet, and she doesn't seem to be in any hurry. No dialation at the 36 5/7 week appointment. Other than the heat, I have no complaints.

John is doing fabulously. We had his follow up appointment and Dr. Fearon was happy with everything. We have more appointments in the next two weeks and we are busy putting the hosue together. But as soon as I find some time I will update the blog!

1 comment:

Murphy boys said...

I always enjoy reading your blog. We will be praying for you as Sweet Tater arrives soon:) God bless....