With little sleep last night, I was still greeted with this beautiful smile this morning.
I can't believe the past month has flown by so quickly. Time flies when you don't sleep ;). It is not that bad...John is not sleeping as well as he did in the first month, but I usually get at least one 3 hour stretch and sometimes up to 5 hours. It then seems that the boy is scared he will miss out on too much and is waking every hour or two to ensure he is included in any fun we are having. I keep trying to explain to John that not much fun is had in this household at 4 am, hopefully he will believe me soon! We are very much looking forward to the night we make it ALL night. Everyone tells me I will freak out and rush in thinking something tragic has happened...and that may be so, but once I see him and know he is ok I will stretch and be grateful for the blessed night of restful slumber.
John is growing by leaps and bounds and changing almost daily. Actually, last night, during his evening massage, he rolled over for the first time. Lo and behold daddy had the video rolling and we have evidence of the exciting first. I will post that video soon, and I apologize now for my child's exhibitionist tendencies.
John Reiff's list of tricks:
1. smiles often
2. coos at almost anything
3. rolls over (front to back)
4. champion sleep fighter
5. good eater (he is his father's son)
6. very interested in objects and toys
7. very active...rarely sits still for more than a few seconds
8. favorite song: head shoulders knees and toes
9. favorite girl: Claire (John still can't discuss the very sad news of the Kansas City move, I am sure he will soon find his words to talk this out in therapy)
10. loves massage time and bath time
Tomorrow is the big 2 month appointment. Please say a little prayer that John (and mom) handle the shots well.
2 comments:
This smile picture is going to be my new screen saver. I swear, he is the cutest thing!
Oh, April and Tate, he is the cutest with that sweet smile!! I agree, it is hard to be frustrated with them for a bad night's sleep when they give you a smile like that. Good luck today at the dr's office - take the pacifier if you remember and give him a little baby tylenol on your way over. Miss you, girl!!
Post a Comment