to celebrate the big 1 month!
Wow, what a look!


.jpg)

I can't believe my baby is 1 month old!! This month has flown by so quickly and John Reiff has grown so much. The changes are incredible...first off, that great sleep we were getting in the beginning...not so much anymore. That is unless John is in the bed with Tate and I. We are working on moving him to his room, but at 3 in the morning it is hard to rationalize the benefits of him screaming in his room over snuggling and snoozing with me. This could turn into a huge problem, but lack of sleep is a pretty big problem in itself. Even so, I still believe that everything about this boy is perfect. The number of tricks this kiddo has in his bag increases daily. Of note, his head control is quite good. Tracking objects is also improving...including looking at Mom and Dad when they talk to him. The smile is so close. We play games after feedings. John's favorites seem to be "Where is Thumbkin?" and "5 Little Monkeys" and this little guy loves Grammie kisses. I have been warming him up for Grammie's visit in a couple weeks and boy is he ready for the real deal. I really think a Grammie kiss is what will bring the smile eventually. Oh and one more thing...I finally found someone who likes my singing!! I am sure this is a fleeting phenomenon but I am so going to take this opportunity to belt out the tunes. :)
The past month has brought so much change and so much bliss. I can't even recall life pre-John and I don't miss it one bit, well maybe the ability to take a shower whenever I wanted or actually eat my meals at 7am, 12pm and 7pm. Now we take what we can get on the time line and if I don't get my shower until 4pm, that is quite alright. John doesn't seem to mind his mom being in her pjs in the late afternoon. We are getting better, but if the kiddo wants to be held every minute of the morning I am happy to oblige...and know this too shall pass, and when it does I will most likely miss it.
Oh and we have finally overcome that oh so frustrating stuffy nose. Thanks heavens, maybe it is just coincidence but this little cold seems to have triggered the sleeping and gassy issues. It really messed up his comfort during mealtime...oh boy does this kid get pissy when something interrupts or interferes with eating. Keep your fingers crossed that we can stay healty thru the rest of winter. I don't think we really want to go there again.
Enemies #1 and #2.
Oh how I love this boy!

2 comments:
April,
Thanks for posting more pics of John. He is absolutely gorgeous! And, you look great! I love the pictures of you holding him. Too sweet!
Gets pissy if something interferes with his eating? Sounds like Tate's kid to me. He looks great and I am glad you are having fun.
Post a Comment