Sunday, February 25, 2007

He likes us, he really likes us!

The oh so elusive event has finally occurred. Over the last week Tate and I both thought we were seeing sorta smiles, and we decided it wouldn't be official until we both witnessed it and were both convinced the kid was really smiling at us. He did it!

This morning at 5 am after eating, the boy was ready for the day...bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I, even though I am a total morning person, was not quite ready to be so bright-eyed and was falling asleep as I was trying to convince the kid we really needed at least one more hour of sleep. Well as I dozed off I heard him make a little "coo" and I opened my eyes to a big bright smile. But wait, Tate was in the bed. I decided to be a kind wife and let him sleep a bit longer and John actually decided to be a kind son and let both his parents get a little more shut-eye. We both witnessed the toothless grin a couple hours later on the changing table (which is John's favorite spot in the world)! I am working very hard to catch the event on camera...unlike Joey, he doesn't smile on command.

Here are some pics from the day to get you by until then:





This is as close to the smile as we have, unfocused as it is:

2 comments:

Amy said...

OH MY GOSH, I am dying laughing at picture number 2 - SO cute!! He IS smiling in number 3 and 4, April. I LOVE it! I remember Samuel's first smiles and they were so exciting. The next big'n will be the laugh!! Keep those pictures coming!!

Tate said...

Re. picture # 2, I think got into our liquor cabinet. I hope this isn't a sign that he will be a wild teenager like his mommy!