And Taryn and Ricky too!
We had the privilege of sharing dinner with this fabulous family last night. I am so excited to have this connection, but I must admit, it was a tiny bit weird for me meeting them, as I felt I have known them for so long, and it was constantly hitting me square in the face that these people are our friends for life, and were even if we never were to meet face to face. The circumstances that brought us together are 1 in a million and the bond we share is so precious to me. It was so special to catch up with Ricky and Taryn and share our stories and emotions. A couple times during our time together I was struck by how wonderful our families are. They with Ethan and Aiden and us with John and RoryCate. I wondered (and worried) if we were unique in the belief that our kid is normal. I mean I know that John has a lot going on, but I often am wrapped up in his little being and push aside all he has been through and all he will continue to go through. I realized hearing these two talk about their life that they experience their kids in the same way. And I realized at the same time how wonderful this is for all of our children. Another interesting thing to me, is that we both feel something akin to lucky in our situations. That we can find blessings in the face of our trials is faith affirming.
The Skees are in town for the first of Aiden's surgeries (for his hands and feet). I am so angry at myself for not getting the camera out, but let me tell you, Aiden has the sweetest smile! I also marvel at the fact that we selected the loudest place possible...which as Ricky pointed out is great for kids out past their bedtime, but not so great for conversation. I hope next time the Skees are in town we can meet again, at our home and have a bit more time to relax and let the kids just be. We so hope Ethan will be able to join them on the next big trip. I have no doubt Ethan and John will hit it off instantly.
Might I note, I am in awe of Taryn and Ricky and how effortless they make parenting two so close together look. I am pretty much a constant struggle with the 19 month age difference. But seriously, the 11 month difference that separates Ethan and Aiden is more than I could possibly fathom. Taryn, you are a rockstar momma!
Ok, please keep the Skees in your prayers this week. Today is filled with appointments, and a sleep study tonight. And tomorrow is the big day for Aiden. I am finding great comfort in knowing this family will be cared for by Dr. Fearon and staff, and know they will have an amazing experience. And since all your prayers carried us through in June, I have faith that they will mean so much to this family too.
Thank you again Taryn & Ricky for squeezing us into you crazy emotional schedule, it means so much to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment