Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Sweet Tater 26 Weeks

Let the fun begin! Our sweet baby girl is shaping up to be a big 'un, just like her brother. This is around the same time John started measuring big, so Sweet Tater didn't want to be out done, measuring in at 28 weeks on Monday. My ob just smiled and said, "It's ok, she won't be 6 lbs and that is good." Ah, the thoughts of a petite little girl are fleeting. I really thought since I was 6lbs14oz our girl(s) might be little. I thought I might get to entertain the idea of a VBAC, but I guess this keeps things simple. Since John was no where near ready to enter the world when he was taken at 38 weeks weighing 9lb8oz, Dr. S has told us that we are more than welcome to try, but that 2nd babies are ofter larger than 1st babies and if we get similar measurements to John where the torso is bigger than the head she won't help deliver the head (forceps or vacuum). I wish I were more of a woman and could consider it. I guess I am also expecting the dreaded rash...keeping my fingers crossed that won't enter our lives in the heat of August.


The exciting thing about the scheduled c-section is we get to set the date now. And it looks like August 14th will be our day. Tate got his little capricorn with John and I will get my little leo with Rory Cate. Pretty cool! Tate and John's birthdays are 6 days apart, where mine and Rory Cate's will be 12 days apart (if we proceed with the section).

Everything else looks great. Well, I guess you could call it great. Despite my lack of keeping food down this past weekend, I had a weight gain of 7 pounds! Whoops! I really didn't think I had been THAT bad. My doctor didn't chastize me though as the total weight gain is still just 11 pounds.

So all the stats:

My BP: 110/70
My Weight Gain: 7 lbs (11 total)
Baby's Heart Rate: a very loud 140s
Baby's Measurement: 28 weeks

The heartburn has set in but zantac is nipping it in the bud. Oh and I have already started getting the "You have 3 more months!?!" comments. Some people just don't have filters, but I wear my belly with pride! At least there is no question that I am pregnant...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

april, you are hysterical! i've gained 11 lbs. since last summer and i'm not even pregnant! you are awesome! aug. 14th will be here before you know it! you and john need to come for a swim before his surgery...cristy

Unknown said...

Sorry, April. No one in our family is petite. Well, maybe Ashleigh. But, that is it! The Gors are gigantic!