Things have been a little busy around here, which is a good sign. After getting an email from the coordinator that she needed ANOTHER week to schedule the CT, we decided it was time to pursue the 2nd opinion.
We emailed Medical City on Monday, got a call within an hour and were scheduled to meet with the doctor the very next day. That is progress! So we meet with Dr. #2 and provided all of John's previous test results and information from all his doctors. He wanted to get the CT scan, the very next day! WHEW HEW! He sent us to an ENT that afternoon to address John's sinus and breathing issues, which went really well. We left that appointment with a nasal steroid and a decongestant to help the boy out. We then headed home and planned to return the next morning for the CT. John did great. We headed home for a nap before returning in the afternoon to get the images and distribute them to the appropriate people. The next day, Thursday, we were anticipating a call from Dr. #2, but around 2 it hadn't come, so I called his coordinator to find out when I would hear from him. His nurse called and explained that Dr. #2 thought John had sleep apnea and that the midface surgery might be the way to go initially. I asked a few questions which she couldn't answer and then she suggested we contact Dr. #1 to discuss the CT. This threw me for a loop. I thought we were seeking a 2nd opinion. She informed me that Dr. #2 had called Dr. #1. SHEEZ...I was annoyed. He called him before he called me. Maybe I am confused on how 2nd opinions work.
The next day I called our pediatrician to find out if this is normal. She was confused. I called Papa to see if he couldn't get some information out of Dr. #1, while I harassed Dr. #2. I finally got a call back from Dr. #2 Friday afternoon when I asked him to explain the CT to me, and what his plan would be for John. I then asked him to explain his relationship with Dr. #1. It was a strange response which left me feeling uneasy about both docs. So Tate and I decided at that time to pursue a 3rd opinion, based on Aubrey and Jeff's experience with their son Joshua's surgeon.
We then got an appointment with Dr. #1 scheduled, for Tuesday (today) and on Monday Dr. #3 set us up for today as well. So we met with Dr. #1 this morning and John will undergo a sleep study tonight to see about his sleep apnea. We will meet with Dr. #3 this afternoon and get his assessment of everything.
Whew, we are tired, but we are excited things are moving along and ALL of John's issues are being addressed, FINALLY!
I will try and update what all we find out later this week! Thanks for the continued prayers for John and thank you for keeping up with our sweet boy's journey here!
3 comments:
doctors are so strange! good luck with #3 :) cristy
I hope #3 is your man. Hang in there with all of this. I can't imagine keeping up with it all!
Sending you lots of love and support from Austin! ~ Sharon
Post a Comment