Thursday, February 28, 2008

Update on the Bear

John had an appointment with Dr. S in Neurosurgery on Tuesday. All went well, but Dr. S is pretty sure that something is going on in that pretty head. So he wants to proceed with the LP (aka spinal) and also wants us to see a Geneticist. Again, we didn't get the answers I am so longing for, but we are moving forward. So we are waiting on these two events to be scheduled and we will go from there. John continues to do great and is handling these appointments like a champ. He had completely dissected a Frankenstein doll that Dr. S had in his office. It was really sweet to see him playing while his mom and doctor were having this very serious conversation above him.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and for the many emails I have received from the most amazing bloggers far and wide. I know I will never meet most of you, but it is really heartening to have this connection with other mothers who have experienced similar circumstances or who have just put themselves in our shoes and have more empathy that I could have ever imagined for a stranger. It really brings so much comfort to me.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hey April! I haven't checked your blog in a couple of weeks...and holy moly things have been happening with y'all!

First, CONGRATS on Baby #2! Yay!

Second, John (and #2) is so lucky to have you guys as parents! You followed your instincts and have done all the right things.

You all are in my thoughts and prayers -- especially, that you get the answers you are looking for.

And third, I just wanted to say - what a cutie pie John is!

Jennifer Olmert (Amy's friend)