Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What's Happenin'?

I haven't been too dedicated to the blog as of late, so I thought I would do one big post to fill in the gaps.

So, where to begin? Well, John is still doing very well with school. Although this week I got a call and had to pick him up. Apparently, the teachers thought he might have a fever. Ok, so does he or doesn't he? Seems the boy wouldn't cooperate with one of those thermometer strips on his forehead. Well, when I arrived, John was so cute and very happy. A tad annoyed, but I am there, so I take him home and he had a fabulous afternoon. No fever, no fussiness, an absolutely great afternoon. Not sure what he was up to, but something tells me he has figured out how to play his teachers like he plays his momma. I can just imagine the ploys this boy will make to avoid going to school in a few years. We also had a ice cream social last night at John's school, we didn't last too long as John started calling for bed around 7:15...but we enjoyed visiting with the other families. It is kind of weird to think that some of these kids could be in John's kindergarten class in a few years. But I can't think that far ahead too often.

A couple weekends ago, I had an overnight celebration with my girlfriends, so Tate and his mom watched John Saturday evening for me. They did a great job and I am sure John enjoyed the extra time he got with his Daddy and his Nona. Thank you both for helping out so I could enjoy some time with the girls.

John has recently developed a profound fear of barking dogs. Quiet dogs, not a problem. Dogs bearing their teeth, not a problem. But a dog three blocks over that is howling at the garbage truck sends shivers down John's spine. He gets this look of pure panic on his face. We have no idea where this is coming from, but I am continually smiling and talking about the dogs when we hear anything that might be interpreted as a bark. Oh and as fearful as he can be, he LOVES his dogs.



Sweet Baby Claire dropped by Dallas for a quick visit before heading to her mom's hometown. We so enjoyed our visit with Claire and her mommy, Elizabeth. It is quite remarkable the difference that 3 months makes. Claire was everywhere and super busy. John (who at this point was still not crawling much) was clingy and nervous. Maybe this is just a personality difference or maybe it is age, but Miss Claire is one busy gal. She is so about to start running! And boy is she cute! Thank you girls for inviting us for a visit and thank you Claire for sharing your toys and snacks!

Aunt Mary called and asked us to transport her to and from her lasik procedure. We jumped on the opportunity to hang out with Mary and also to experience her on the good stuff. We heard that last time she got a little crazy on the meds prescribed for the procedure. We surely enjoyed seeing Mary's enormous gorgeous eyes on the big screen which we were allowed to watch in a waiting room. We were "chaperoned" for most of the time, but once the guy slipped out of the room I took this shot, which isn't so good because the doc was putting some green gel stuff on her eyes after he finished up. Seriously, this girl has some pretty eyes! John also got a big kick out of Aunt Mary's cool glasses. Oh and she didn't even get chatty or silly. So disappointed.

We joined Ava and Elizabeth with their parents in Addison for Oktoberfest. It really was a great time! I mean, it was no Wurstfest, but I was impressed with the hugeness of the event and we did devour our share of bratwurst and beer!

1 comment:

BrandyLee said...

We had a great time with your precious family...let's do Oktoberfest again next year!!