Monday, June 25, 2007

Home Sweet Home!

After 4 days that felt more like 4 weeks, Tate and I made it home to John. We had a wonderful time in Santa Fe, and I really handled the situation better than anyone thought I would. That said, everyone had to put up with a lot of me talking about my sweet baby boy. They were all very kind and if they were bored or annoyed they did a fabulous job of not letting it show!

We stayed here...it was BEAUTIFUL! On Thursday we flew in and enjoyed some hang out time before dinner. I retired early (relatively anyway) while Tate enjoyed a night out on the town with some of his friends. On Friday morning, Tate had meetings, so I ordered room service and enjoyed the first quiet morning I have had in ages! I attended a financial planning meeting set up for spouses which was rather interesting. Tate had more meetings in the afternoon so I sat out by the pool with Ashley and enjoyed a few beverages. Ashley and Jimmy have a 20 month old, Hank, so I got to go on and on about all things baby. Friday afternoon, we headed to Canyon Road for a gallery tour before enjoying dinner at one of the partners homes. Oh my goodness, this place was gorgeous. It was on top of a mountain and had 360 views of gorgeousness. Huge picture windows, beautiful architecture, and the most amazing kitchen I have ever seen! Tate and I both retired early Friday. Saturday, I again enjoyed room service and lounging around...Tate again had meetings...better him than me. Then we both headed over to the spa for a bit of pampering, and a bit of a show ;). Afterwards, we headed to lunch with Kristin, Eric and David. We enjoyed tapas at a place Royce had recommended...yummy! Tate was rather disappointed at the size of the servings, but he survived! Next we headed back to the room to get ready for our evening activities. We were instructed to wear western getup. So Tate and I donned our boots and hats and we all loaded up on charter vans and drove for some time before arriving here. We enjoyed a wild west show, poker in the saloon, horsey tricks, old timey photos and a great steak dinner. I again retired early (as you might have guessed, sleep was of my highest priority) and Tate came back a short time later. We both ordered room service Sunday before heading back to Albuquerque and Big D. Tate and I had a great time with the Dallas folks and enjoyed meeting many people from the Minneapolis, Boston and San Francisco offices. And if you have to be away from the love of your life for the first time ever, this was the way to do it! Unfortunately I didn't get too many photos...but here are a couple:












Back in Dallas, John was having a ball with his Nanny and Paco (Hannah has renamed Grandpa...we will see if this sticks). After a rough first night, Mom claims things settled down. John took the bottle like a champ, napped somewhat well and on one night slept like a log. I am sure everyone was worn out back home by the time Sunday rolled around, but Mom and Dad also did Tate and I a few favors. Including, mending a split seam on my fitted sheet. Fixing Tate's gate to the secret garden, cleaning and doing laundry. Helping install some new shelves, and cooking up a storm. Tate and I will eat well this week. Anyway, I have no doubt John enjoyed his time with his grandparents as well as Aunt Emily and Cousin Hannah. He even enjoyed a suprise visit from my Aunt Margie, Uncle Mike, Cousin Michelle and her daughter Samantha, and one of John's favorite girls, my cousin Mary. Here are a few pics from Nanny:









Mom, Dad and Emily, thank you so much for taking good care of John. And I also appreciate that you were very patient with my MANY calls. Thank you also for spoiling Tate and I with all the treats upon our arrival. We all love you very much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you guys had a great time! i am JEALOUS :) cristy