Tuesday, August 01, 2006

She IS Crazy

I miss morning sickness! Actually it was very mild all day sickness. I just had nausea and a strong sense of smell, and although it was annoying, it made me think good things were happening. Now nothing, except this exceptional beer belly. I thought I felt the baby move last week...like a butterfly flitting across the beer belly...but not a single flit since last Monday. This waiting is so unnerving. I know all the books say that during the second trimester most moms feel great, but I don't want to feel great, I want to suffer a tiny bit just to know that everything is ok. No pain, no gain, right? Then you throw a few sleepless nights into the mix and you have a certifiable worry wort. So I called the dr this morning to see if I could move my appointment up. They actually scheduled my 16 week appointment in my 17th week so I felt justified in the call. No luck. I have to wait until next Friday to hear the heartbeat again. I think I need to squeeze in a few more yoga classes this week to calm my nerves.

4 comments:

Tate said...

The only beer belly in this family belongs to yours truly.

April said...

Tate just tried to convince me that this means it is a boy...just like his daddy, he is lazy and this is why I haven't felt him move.

Emily said...

You guys are CRAZY!! I have a monitor that allows you to hear the baby move and the heartbeat - I will bring it over when you keep Hannah...

I agree with Tate - I think it's a boy

Anonymous said...

they don't call the 2nd trimester the "honeymoon" period for nothin'! stop worrying and enjoy yourself :)
c stolle