When I was pregnant I didn't mind a lovely stroll through the parking lot, but now that I am carting a 2 year old on the hip and a car seat in the crook of the other arm, I sure could use a closer parking spot. And to those of you who say, "let the 2 year old walk", that is easier said than done. This kid wants to stop and inspect every piece of trash, chewing gum, and rock along the way.
6 comments:
I am there with you. Even a 4 year old that is very capable of walking still needs a hand to be held...when he is asleep a hand is not enough. I like to park next to the cart thing so that
I can just transfer them from the car to the cart without having to carry them...oh they are heavy.
Here, here! What is the deal with that?
I so agree. I have bruises on my arm from lugging the infant car seat. We should start a petition for Tots in Tow Reserved Parking!!! We should have Erin check out the procedures on how to get it done :0) Way to go on updating your blog too!!
I agree. I don't have 2 just yet, but yes it's the expectant mothers who probably need the stroll more than the beat down moms with kids in tow. I too (as mentioned above) park next to the cart return. It's great all around. Most people don't park there either b/c they are afraid of getting their car scratched up. Mine is so full of cherrios, crackers, milk and who knows- that a scratch wouldn't kill me for a little sanity.
-Christine M. :)
Okay, so I admit that I use this spot. Since I'm 20 weeks (and showing) and have a 16 months old in tow, I use it - but I agree that there should be an additional (and closer) spot for those with "roaming" toddlers and those with more than one kid. But, now that I just ate a huge piece of chocolate cake, I'll probably skip the expectant mother spot next time I'm at the store.
I totally agree. I used them and thought it was so "sweet" when I was pregnant with my first. Now I have two and looking at that sign just makes me giggle.
Post a Comment