The boy got a great report, including a comment on how clean his teeth were, the incredible amount of space John has between his teeth (usually with all these teeth, and big teeth at that, the Crouzon's would have them much tighter), and what a wonderful patient John was. He loved the grape flavored gloves that Dr. C wore. He happily allowed them to brush and count his teeth, and check out everthing with the mirror tool!
So I don't know that there is much to report other than John has 17 teeth (he got an extra bonus tooth on bottom...weird). He has all his baby teeth except his last set of molars which he will likely get next year. I anticipated a bit of a lecture about the paci John walk in the room sporting in his mouth, and when none came I decided to ask for it. Turns out, Dr. C was fine with John and his paci habit. Since he has this underbite he isn't concerned about the issues that the average kid has with dental health and paci use! Whew hew. Kind of. I took it as somewhat of a hall pass to avoid tackling this monkey. Maybe in a few months I will get serious about ridding our boy of his addiction.
3 comments:
Hooray for happy teeth and a young 'un that'll be good at the dentist.
Hi April- I just found your blog and I love it! Collin is totally addicted to his paci too-- I don't know if he will *ever* sleep without it! If you tackle that hurdle bnefore me... please share some pointers! And I can't believe John has 17 teeth! WOW! What a big boy he is in the dentist chair all by himself! :)
I can't believe he was so good considering how many times he has been poked and prodded by docs before now. Hope the insurance thing is getting better. And I enjoy watching Rory grow...you're right she is beautiful.
Brandi
Post a Comment