Today is John's first day of Toddler IIs at our Mother's Day Out program. He was very excited to wear his backpack and head down the street, but I feared the scene upon drop off. Much to my suprise, he did great. He reached out, but I don't think there were any tears. I tried to take photos without him seeing me, but they weren't so good. Will try again at pick up.
Hooray! John had a great first day of school! His daily report stated the following:
Disposition: Happy Friendly Chatty and Busy
Lunch: Some
Nap Time: 12:35 - 1:50
Teacher Note: just a little teary but overall a great day!
So there were a few tears, but it wasn't too bad! He was very cute playing with his friends before he saw me this afternoon. And I have to admit, I laughed out loud when they insisted John could take a nap on his mat. I was prepared to pick up a very exhausted boy, but he didn't do half bad. He even came home and demonstrated how he took a nap at school!
About half the kids were in crib room last year, including the other John, Joshua, Courtney and Penelope. And then we also have new friends, Abby, Mollie, Luke and Ava. I know I have left off someone but I can't think of it right now. We are very excited about our new teachers Miss Pam and Miss Megan, and we are grateful Miss Amy and Miss Stacy are still around!! We are looking forward to a great year! I am hoping John develops his independence a bit more along with his talking skills, and I am hoping Rory Cate and I enjoy some time together just the girls.
3 comments:
Thank you for posting these! John looks adorable! I love how you dress him...always so in style!
Congrats on a successful first day drop off!!!
so funny!! i used to do the same thing..i couldn't get my kids to nap in a crib and they had the craziness to think they would lay down and nap on a mat with 10 other kids?? BUT they always did it, amazing!! glad he had a great first day.
Post a Comment