Although we are quite fond of referring to our precious girl as Sweet Tater, we felt it was only right to reveal her real name now. This was not an easy one for Tate and I. We thought we had it all sorted out before our gender sonogram, but as we were walking out of the building that day, Tate had a little doubt. So we hit the drawing boards again. We actually had a list of three names that we had come up with before we found out that John was a boy. And two of those names became our final two for this go round too. We tossed them around and used them both on occasion to feel them out before we finally settled on the original name we had chosen. So, without further ado, our daughter will be named:
Rory Catherine
or
"Rory Cate"
Of course, we will likely refer to her as Sweet Tater until she makes her appearance. But it was very special to have that connection with John and know him as John before he arrived and we hope for that same feeling of "knowing" this time around too.
5 comments:
Oh my gosh! I love it! So cute that her initials are RC, like her grandfather. I also love it that it is unique, but also a traditional Irish name. Thanks for posting it and I can not wait to meet little Rory. Love, a proud Aunt Chrissie
Sooooo cute! Of course, you know I would think so, but I love Rory and Cate together!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name!! She is going to be such a cutie pie. Sorry I have been such a slacker with my comments. I also am SO glad that everything went so well with John's appointment. Yay for the Tater Tot and Sweet Tater!!
Love ya, girl!
I love it! What a unique and strong choice for her. I can't wait to meet her! I love you guys!
-John and Rory's proud Auntie Ashleigh
A beautiful name for a beautiful girl on the way! I can't wait to meet her in person. Miss Rory has no idea the wonderful family she's going to join soon!
Post a Comment