Sunday, January 06, 2008

John's 1st Birthday Party

Yesterday we celebrated John's birthday with family and friends. I am certain John had a blast as did his parents. We missed those who couldn't make it and hope to see you soon! Thank you to everyone who did make the bash and helped make John's day so special.

But before the party, John woke to find his gifts from mom and dad.

The theme for the party was Hungry Caterpillar...so I of course HAD to make it special with none other than an original April Pinata. It didn't work as planned (I opted for a pull string design as opposed to a bunch of toddlers wielding a heavy bat) but I think the kids still enjoyed the time outside in the beautiful weather. Oh and I was informed by Miss Miranda, a butterfly cocoon is called a chrysalis, only moths really spin cocoons. Impressive, I tell you, that child is only 3! We will be writing Eric Carle a letter later this evening! :)

Anyway, onto the pics....


John attempting to quash the paparazzi...as many other celebs have discovered, it's a lost cause.


John, Ava and Hank



Ava



Emily and Sam



The craft station



Miss SmartyPants herself!



Veronica, Scott and Eli



Jeremy, Ava and Erin

"you gonna eat that?"



the defective CHRYSALIS
Alternate means of getting into the pinata




John enjoying pinata treats




Miranda, Samuel and Susi



Adam, Elizabeth and Ava



Hank



Guns Up Eli!


Sam, Sammy and Ava

Hannah giving Sam a push!


Ready for cake!


What is this?

John was acting as is his mother had offered him a caterpillar head...I guess he took his birthday cake quite literally.


The Sammys didn't seem to mind eating caterpillar for dessert!

This was the moment of melt down. John was not into his cake and was ready for a nap after earlier insisting "It's my party and I won't nap if I don't want to!" We had a really fun day!

After John's nap we headed out for a walk in the new wagon Nanny and Paco gave John for his birthday. Half way through our trip, John decided he didn't want to ride anymore...so I tried carrying him, but this kid is getting too big for a mile walk with him on the hip. We soon discovered he would ride in the wagon with his mommy :) Tate wasn't in the mood for a photo, considering he had both dogs, and was pulling John and I home!

And once the boy was down for the night, I gave the craft project a go and made John a placemat to commemorate his big day!


One for Mom and Dad too!

No comments: