Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Horrors

Tate's Granddad Bob used to say "Horrors" to express sarcasm whenever Tate or I would complain about silly little things. It was always made us laugh and put things in perspective for us, reminding us how blessed our lives were. Little memories such as this pop into my head often these days. I so wish John could have known Granddad Bob, and Tate's Grandparents Odom, my Grandparents Rife and my Papa. Hopefully we will both remember little things such as "Horrors" to share with John and to give him some insight into the people that had such influence in his parents' lives. And I know that John will receive little things from his grandparents and great grandmothers that he will carry with him through life.
On a similar note...there are "Horrors" in the Tater Tot's world these days. Four teeth are making their entrance all at one time. Poor little guy is really having fits with them. Two more on bottom and the two front on top are all trying to push through. I hate to see him hurting, but I am so grateful it seems we will get a bunch in one fell swoop!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!

BrandyLee said...

Hang in there with that tough teething, baby John!
April, I love your memories of the grandparents...sweet.