John is 7 Months Old! Wow, last month flew by so quickly!! John is changing so much right now, blinking has become risky business. What if I miss something!?!
The news on John:
2 teeth, more on the way. Teething has not made John's last few nights pleasant, poor boy is struggling to sleep thru the aching.
John has just about perfected sitting. The only thing, when he falls, luckily, it isn't all that often, he falls hard! I am not sure if babies are supposed to know to put their hands out and try to catch themselves...if so, John missed the message.
Crawling...not yet. John has been swimming while on his tummy and pushing his feet for a while now, but the whole coordinated effort just started. Last night was the first time I saw him in his crib on his hands and knees, and today his Daddy and I witnessed him finally picking that head up when he tries to move. It seems it won't be long.
Talking...just kidding. John's newest sound: BABABABABABABA, so this has been added to his squeels and yells. The boy is incredibly bossy considering he has no words. Raspberries continue to be his preferred form of communication, especially when he has a mouth full of carrots.
Eating...still a favorite around these parts. Oh and I discovered that carrots stain!
John loves his Daddy. Unfortunately, Tate has been busy, with many late work nights, but when John gets anytime with his Daddy, he is all smiles...it is super sweet.
Puppies...after his Daddy, his dogs are definitely his favorites. And the dogs are so good!! Everyone knows we were really worried about Crickett (with her prozac history), but she has been great and Joey, of course, too. John loves to pet their ears and the dogs love to score some baby food whenever possible.
Big 'un. John is a hoss. A cute one, but a big 'un. Compared to other babies his age, he dwarfs them, and looking at Tate's 3rd grade soccer picture doesn't give the boy much hope for fitting in. He is very tall, but pretty trim, luckily. I don't know if I could carry a heavier baby. I am looking forward to the day that he "holds on"!!
I am so loving this boy and can't wait to see what next month brings. Well, maybe I can wait a little. It really is going too fast!
The news on John:
2 teeth, more on the way. Teething has not made John's last few nights pleasant, poor boy is struggling to sleep thru the aching.
John has just about perfected sitting. The only thing, when he falls, luckily, it isn't all that often, he falls hard! I am not sure if babies are supposed to know to put their hands out and try to catch themselves...if so, John missed the message.
Crawling...not yet. John has been swimming while on his tummy and pushing his feet for a while now, but the whole coordinated effort just started. Last night was the first time I saw him in his crib on his hands and knees, and today his Daddy and I witnessed him finally picking that head up when he tries to move. It seems it won't be long.
Talking...just kidding. John's newest sound: BABABABABABABA, so this has been added to his squeels and yells. The boy is incredibly bossy considering he has no words. Raspberries continue to be his preferred form of communication, especially when he has a mouth full of carrots.
Eating...still a favorite around these parts. Oh and I discovered that carrots stain!
John loves his Daddy. Unfortunately, Tate has been busy, with many late work nights, but when John gets anytime with his Daddy, he is all smiles...it is super sweet.
Puppies...after his Daddy, his dogs are definitely his favorites. And the dogs are so good!! Everyone knows we were really worried about Crickett (with her prozac history), but she has been great and Joey, of course, too. John loves to pet their ears and the dogs love to score some baby food whenever possible.
Big 'un. John is a hoss. A cute one, but a big 'un. Compared to other babies his age, he dwarfs them, and looking at Tate's 3rd grade soccer picture doesn't give the boy much hope for fitting in. He is very tall, but pretty trim, luckily. I don't know if I could carry a heavier baby. I am looking forward to the day that he "holds on"!!
I am so loving this boy and can't wait to see what next month brings. Well, maybe I can wait a little. It really is going too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment