Thursday, October 12, 2006

26 Week Appt

I had another appointment today and all continues to go well. This was the appointment where they test for all types of "pregnancy disorders" such as diabetes, anemia, pre-eclampsia (and maybe a few others). I have to wait for some results but so far so good.

Stats:
My BP: 100/70
Weight Gain: 11 lbs above pre-pregnancy weight (the trend is fading ;, but I attribute a good portion of this to last weekend's trip to the state fair where I had a Fletcher's corn dog, an ice cream bar, a pretzel, some okra and some nachos...I did refrain from the fried Coke and the fried Whoppers, so I should be commended there don't you think?)

Baby HeartRate: 130 bpm
Baby Measurement: 29 weeks

Yes, as much as I was certain the exponential growth had slowed, nay, the boy is still big, a little over 3 weeks big! We again discussed my fears of birthin' a 13 lb-er. My doctor is great and has a very laid back demeanor that seems to calm me a bit. We will do a sonogram in a month or so and decide then what should be done. She continues to reassure me that as long as I am healthy and the baby isn't in distress there is no need to worry.

We now have appointments every two weeks which is so exciting for me...we are that much closer to bringing our baby home! I just looked at the ticker! 99 days to go!

Everything is going great. We are trying to get some things done around the house as well as continuing the search for daycare and a pediatrician. Oh how our life is about to change! And change for the better!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, april...you are doing great! we use Ped. of Dallas, Dr. Mathew Yaeger...down on Walnut Hill. He was voted best ped. in D Magazine last year. he is really great...cristy

April said...

Thanks for that recommendation Cristy...I have heard great things about this practice and it was my ob's top pick too. I am going to set up an appt soon! Hope you guys are doing well...I still think you need a blog for your kiddos!