So today I had another appointment and all is still great!
Stats:
My BP: 107/77
My Weight: 5 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight (according to their records total weight gain of 13 lbs since I lost 8 lbs in the first 2 months)
Tater Tot's HR: Well this little guy thought it would be really funny to mess with the Dr's head. He refused to let her put the doppler proby thingy on my belly. So she couldn't get an accurate HR since he kept kicking the probe as soon as she placed it on my skin. So she gave up and said, "looks like his heart is beating just fine!!"
So nothing to worry about, except one thing! What statement will put the fear of God deep in your belly? "Damn this is a big baby!" Yes, my sweet little doctor read my sonogram chart and just blurted it out. So she measured my belly and I am measuring at 24 weeks even though I am not quite at 22 weeks. So I begged her to move up the due date. She declined, but promised to be vigilant and if things continue as they are right now we will do a sonogram in the 3rd trimester to determine if we should induce early. Everyone please pray for me that little John Reiff, or should I say big John Reiff, is not a 13 pounder! In actuality if we get a 13 pounder, as long as he is a healthy 13 pounder, we will cope!
6 comments:
Sorry Ape, but you had to expect it you are married to the "Big'un"
love you Toot
5lbs over your pre-pregnancy weight?? honestly, that is the most disgusting thing i have ever heard....cristy
cristy you are hilarious! i am truly beginning to think tate's son is taking more than his fair share for dinner(much like his father). i haven't had an increase in appetite, but my doctor doesn't seem to be concerned, so i will ride this wave(the most effective diet ever) as long as i can, i am sure it will come to an end soon.
and i know loren, i really should have thought about this all before hand, love can blind you i suppose. to be honest, i was only worried about head size since both tate and i have massive melons. i guess where there are big heads there are generally big bodies.
Look on the bright side... If the doctor induces early or moves the due date up, Tate might get that Tax deduction this year.... hehehe
Love you guys and see you tomorrow..
Em
Yeah, I cannot believe you are 5lbs over your starting weight - How jealous am I!!!
And, I am sure all of John's weight is in his head, for his brains of course!! :-)
Ditto to the jealousy expressed by Amy of your only being 5lbs over your pre-pregnancy weight! I do love me some big babies...can't wait to hug "Big 'un Jr."!
Post a Comment