Thursday, April 19, 2007

3 Months Old

Ok, so this post is REALLY late. As I write this John is almost 3.5 months old, but it has been such a big month with many new developments that I wanted to document, especially seeing as how this might be John's only baby book.


My sweet boy is growing so fast. I can hardly keep up (its debatable whether I am). Our accomplishments this months are:

1. Rolling over back to front...he did this for the first time in his swaddle. I swear this kid won't sit still for 2 seconds. He is ALL over his crib, exploring every inch, every single night.

2. Raspberries! John is a in love with his ability to spit! All the time!

3. Copy cat. John tries to copy every noise and face his dad and I give him. It is pretty humorous to see his attempts which only occasionally actually match up. The cutest are "oh" and the noise that the Jetson's make.

4. Tv. This boy is his father's son and can be entranced by the sexy ways of the television. This is the most disturbing thing to his mother. I have spent many a year trying to woo my husband from the television. Now I have to find ways to grab my son's attention. Luckily his daddy isn't home during the day so he isn't exposed except on weekends.

5. Books. As much as I despise #4, I LOVE this one. John will sit still long enough for me to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Brown Bear, if I read really quickly. The bright colors seem to catch his eye.

6. Conversations with friends...imaginary and inantimate as they might be. John will wake in the night and have little chit chats with someone (not sure who and this freaks Tate out)...after about 5 minutes he gets frustrated and starts screamin' for mom! But during the day I can put him in the crib if I have to make a pit stop or brush my teeth...he loves his mobile, those 5 guys might be his best friends!

7. Hand to mouth disease. It has already begun, everything goes in the mouth, at least he tries to get it there. He also pokes himself in the eye and then gets really angry at me. It's always mom's fault, right?

8. Contemplation. John seems to contemplate new surroundings as if he is "the thinker"...so cute. Irritating to some, as he won't perform (aka smile) until he feels he knows the situation.

9. Attitude. Oh boy, don't piss John off...really the only way to do this is to try to get him to sleep. John will arch his back and throw a wall-eyed fit! Luckily they don't last long, especially if he is swaddled.

10. Chatty Cathy. as mentioned above, John will talk to real family and friends as well...and then he will drool on you!

11. His puppies. John has finally noticed Crickett and Joey and he LOVES to play (or watch) catch with them. Actually Crickett plays catch, Joey just runs around with something in his mouth. Sometimes when Crickett catches the ball in mid-air John will startle as if to say "I never thought she would catch that one." It makes me laugh...oh how simple I am these days.

12. Standing. John has the strongest little legs and won't really sit, he pushes up to standing unless you hold him down. He is so cute when I am sitting and he stands on my belly...he "finds" me and gives me the biggest proud grin.

13. And lastly, speaking of grins, every time I go to get him out of his crib from a nap or in the middle of the night, John has the biggest smile for me. It makes all those late night trips to the nursery so worthwhile. I don't mind only getting 4 hours of sleep, as long as my boy is happy!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Girl, that boy of your's is advanced!! NOT KIDDING!! It makes me want to go back to 3 months on Samuel's blog and see what he was doing. I know for a fact he was not rolling over. Isn't it funny how they all have their own agenda? Samuel certainly did with his no crawling agenda. Looking forward to seeing you ALL soon!!

BrandyLee said...

Maybe we should go ahead and sign him up for a 5k race?! He's gonna have your head spinning for a while, I'm sure, as fast as he's advancing through his milestones!

Marissa Montgomery said...

You are such an amazing mama! OF COURSE, Superwoman would have Super Boy!

amy said...

He is so precious, April. Really, so PRECIOUS!!

(Burke)